Ethical Principles for Leadership - Dr. Joseph J. Thomas
Student Leader Seminar CEO Dr. Joe Thomas served as a panelist for the session "Ethical Principles For Leadership" for the Next Generation of African Security Sector Leaders Program.
Student-Leader SeminarThe Student-Leader Seminar (S-LS) is designed to introduce the topic of ethical leadership to students, athletes, educators, public service professionals, and leaders in the not-for-profit and corporate sectors. The seminars are highly interactive discussions built around the themes of leading with purpose, ethical decision making, and the value of character. The purpose of the Student-Leader Seminar is to:
- Develop leaders who are oriented toward achieving outcomes for the organization
- Build vertical team cohesion (chain-of-command) and lateral team cohesion (co-worker groups)
- Energize organizations with fun, interactive conversations centered on transformational leadership topics
- Develop in the learner a personal understanding of the processes and demands of leadership and provide the tools and tactics to realize full potential
- Encourage thinking about the role of character and the moral/ethical component of leadership
- Employ diagnostic instruments to help participants learn about themselves, their co-workers, subordinates, and leaders
- Provide supporting processes to ensure the learning continues beyond the seminar, including leadership coaching, peer coaching, leadership development plans and guides for further learning about leadership.
Beyond the Call of Duty: A Conversation With Medal of Honor RecipientsStudent Leader Seminar CEO and USNA Class of '61 Professor of Leadership Education and Editor, Dr. Joseph Thomas, facilitates a conversation with Medal of Honor recipients as they share their experiences and the lessons they learned.
Featured Articles and Posts
Dr. Joe Thomas, a distinguished member of the Student-Leader Seminar faculty, returned to campus on Tuesday to speak to Bucknell’s student-athletes about the topic of hazing within the broader scope of team leadership.
Read the Bucknell University Athletics Article
Student Leader Seminar is excited to be partnering with Bucknell University Athletics to deliver a leadership program to the Bucknell Bison Leadership Academy.
Read the Bucknell University Athletics Announcement
Student Leader Seminar Teams with University of Maryland to Educate US Customs and Border Protection Leaders
Student Leader Seminar is proud to be teaming with the University of Maryland RH Smith School of Business to direct the U.S. Customs & Border Protection Leadership Institute.
Read the University of Maryland RH Smith School of Business Press Release
Student Leader Seminar CEO Joe Thomas and faculty member Carol Graser were announced as the Facilitators for the Shore Leadership Program for 2014. The Shore Leadership program offers executives, managers and leaders on Maryland’s Eastern Shore the opportunity to deepen their understanding of the issues and challenges facing our region.
Read the Shore Leadership Press Release
“Ask any neurologist – or parent – and they’ll tell you that the decision-making centers in the brain aren’t fully formed until the mid- to late 20’s. So it’s little surprise that college students aren’t always celebrated for showing sound judgment.”
Read the rest of the article here